Mittwoch, September 26, 2007

Procrastination

A way of life one could easily succumb into and one that is hard to break away from. If the manner in which things have shaped up in the recent past are of any indication, I seem to have perfected the art of procrastination. Apparently it is high time I broke out of the mould the sales guru Mandino said “To be always intending to make a new and better life but never find time to set about it is as... to put off eating and drinking and sleeping from one day to the next until you’re dead.”

This is exactly why I decided to post this right now from office when I should be in all righteousness ‘working’. In my defence, I just do not want to procrastinate on that front - got to get a start somewhere, right?

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

There are two kinds of people that I know of one kind who does something that others look up to but are sad cause certain basic things are lacking and the second type who satisfies the basic things like love, marriage, kids and all but are sad that they were not able to do anything in life.

Through history, there are many great people who are complete mismatch when it comes to personal front. Greats like Newton, Einstein, Oscar Wilde and many many others. Then there are common people who are always dreaming about conquering their fears and being someone in life.

I have this feeling that may be my dear you are going at such a rate forward that you feel you are falling back in other parts. I have that feeling many times but then again if you are focusing on little things, you tend to loose out on the bigger picture... Just a thought...

May be this comment is all over the place or may be it is something I need to tell myself too. Anyways, good that I got to get it off...

Smiles,
Sree

Anand hat gesagt…

There are two types of people, I believe. One is "born geniuses" and the hardworking sect. The common belief is that the it is the born genius who scales the insurmountable. But, it is practice and work that bring in results in most of the activities, as in music, art or sport.

If you probably want to achieve something that you think you are capable of, killing the tendency to put off is probably the most wonderful thing you would like to do(stress on like). The number of days to borrow from the future is finite. And there is no rebirth to help you to do things in the next life!

The great violinist Heifetz once said , "If I dont practise a day, I come to know of it. If I dont for 2 days, the critics come to know and 3 days, the whole world comes to know". Putting off the procrastination is probably the key to the success of greats.