Samstag, Mai 12, 2007

ADDING LIFE TO YEARS

Turning a year older recently prompted me to think about the delicate relationship between life and years. All of us grow older; we all add years to our life unfailing year after year. But only a fraction of us can claim to have added life to those years, only a select few can boast of growing in life.

Some carry visible tell-tale signs of having grown older in life, but that doesn’t automatically entail that they have grown up in life with the onslaught of years. Some bear invisible scars belted out by the vagaries of life and though seemingly untouched by age, they are the ones who gift life to the passing years. I admire those who fall in the latter category and if years from now my grandkids can boast of a lively, buoyant and radiant grandma, I would consider myself one of those chosen few!

Keine Kommentare: