Sonntag, Juli 15, 2007

Counter-Attacking Red

We all have felt our blues some time or the other - an occurence more frequent in some than in others. But have you ever felt red - those moments when anxiety overwhelms you and you can't even fathom the cause of those deadly pangs? Well, I am no stranger to that phenomenon and over time have built my defense-mechanism against it. Lula Mae's antidote was visits to Tiffany wherein the sparkling jewels set her mind off at peace. As for me, I counter disguised anxiety attacks by taking off on an endless flight to a world of my dreams - off to the rainbow's end so to speak. Borrowing from the theme song of Breakfast at Tiffany's :

Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.

5 Kommentare:

ram hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
ram hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
ram hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
ram hat gesagt…

:-) Nice one...I just read the gist of "Breakfast at Tiffany's". The Moon river song in her context makes sense.
To be honest, picturing you in her shoes is difficult for me as I have not seen the movie; but
I am glad that you found your antidote for pangs through travelling...getting out of everything in difficult circumstances, to live in a new different world...and to experience its aroma is a definite healer...well, "There's such a lot of world to see" too :-)
So...you can find so much curing medicines all around!

Uh, this makes me wonder if "prevention" is better than cure...it should really be "traveling" right? ;-)

Deepa Gopal hat gesagt…

Its not about being a Lula Mae or Holly Golightly in life - its all about what I do when I see 'red'. Conparisons with Katherine Hepburn - a definite 'no oh mine' or wait, can we rather talk about that? :)