Dienstag, Mai 13, 2008

Judging judgementals

Too often one condemns or accuses another of being judgemental. I can recall numerous instances of snickering at people I knew when they commented on a certain style of dressing as ‘too loud’ or labelled certain life-style behaviour as ‘trés superficial’ or were disgusted at certain sexual preferences. At the back of my mind, I was being the liberal one – the one who didn’t judge others’ for the very people they were and who gave due respect to their preferences. The others who expressed their opposition to these behavioural/life style trends were in my consciousness the staid ones, the conservatives – the ‘judgmental’ type. Talking to a dear in the recent past revealed the chink in my armour of reasoning ‘Am I not being judgemental in judging those very that seem judgmental?’

2 Kommentare:

Chathunni hat gesagt…

deepa... nice way of thinking... :-)

Da Rodent hat gesagt…

And then it gets to who was more judgemental :P